National groups such as ARC USA, AAPD, Special Olympics, Autism Self-Advocacy and the national self-advocacy organization, Self-Advocates Becoming Empowered (SABE) characterize the use of the word "retard" as hate speech that heaps insult and possible harm on a group that has been stigmatized by this word and others for many years.
What does SABE stand for?
SABE stands for Self-Advocates Becoming Empowered (Kansas City, MO)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SABE
We have 16 other meanings of SABE in our Acronym Attic
- Sustainable Architecture and Building Design (various locations)
- Software Alkitab, Biblika Dan Alat-alat (Indonesian: Software Bible, Biblical and Equipment)
- Southern African Book Dealers Association
- South African Book Development Council (Bellville, South Africa)
- Sistema Administrador de la Base de Datos
- Southern African Book Development Education Trust (UK)
- Single-Agent Behaviour Description
- Self Appointed Benevolent Dictator for Life (forum)
- Situational Awareness Bridge Display System
- Seamless Administrative Boundaries of Europe
- Society for Automation in Business Education
- Spanish Assessment of Basic Education
- State Association for Bilingual Education (New York; (also seen as NYSABE)
- subacute bacterial endocarditis
- Southern African Book Exchange Centre (Pretoria, South Africa)
- Southern Appalachian Biodiversity and Ecology Center (Western Carolina University; North Carolina)
- Sweden Asia Business Education Center (Stockholm, Sweden)
- State Administrative Board of Election Laws (Maryland)
- Société Autonyme Belge d'Exploitation de la Navigation Aérienne (Belgian company for exploiting aerial navigation)
- Such a Bad Experience, Never Again
Samples in periodicals archive:
There is now a formal organization called Self-Advocates Becoming Empowered (SABE).