The SLM 500 HL is a selective laser melting machine for additive manufacturing operations that increases throughput though the use to what the company describes as "unique double beam technology.
What does SLM stand for?
SLM stands for Selective Laser Melting (manufacturing)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of SLM
We have 181 other meanings of SLM in our Acronym Attic
- Second Life Left Unity (blog)
- Salt Lake Linux Users Group (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Shift Left Logical Variable
- Solid Low-Level Waste
- Sad Little Man
- Saint Lawrence Martyr Church & School (Redondo Beach, CA)
- Salem (Amtrak station code; Salem, OR)
- Sea Level Measurement
- Seat Lift Mechanism (toilet component)
- Second Line Maintenance (technological assistance service)
- Selective Level Meter
- Self Leveling Machine (various companies)
- Senior Leadership Management (education; New Zealand)
- Senior Life Master (bridge)
- Service Layer Manager (Ciena)
- Service Level Management (ATMF)
- Service Life Monitoring
- Service Lifecycle Management
- Shared Lane Marking (bicycling; various locations)
- Shear Load Measurement
Samples in periodicals archive:
During his visit to Marshall, Bolden watched a type of additive manufacturing called selective laser melting create complex parts for the J-2X and RS-25 rocket engines without welding.
Among specific topics are manufacturing removable complete dentures using a vacuum casting technique, scheduling recovery vehicles in industrial waste recycling, structural analysis and optimization for high speed vertical machining tool tables, fabricating metallic parts by selective laser melting, designing a docking probe based on the dynamic model of flexible beam impact, optimizing the design of sun position detection sensors, and the kinematics analysis of bulldozer multi-freedom working device.
The topics include hierarchical starch-based fibrous scaffold for bone tissue engineering applications, inkjet printing of bioadhesives, the laser microfabrication of hydroxyapatite-osteoblast-like cell composites, structural and mechanical evaluations of a topology optimized titanium interbody fusion cage fabricated by a selective laser melting process, and individually prefabricated prosthesis for maxilla reconstruction.
Model of radiation and heat transfer in laser-powder interaction zone at selective laser melting.
Selective Laser Melting (SLM) is a technique created from the SLS, with the objective of produce functional components with a near full density (Kruth, J.
INTRODUCTION Selective Laser Melting (SLM) is an Additive Manufacturing (AM) technique that manufactures complex shape parts using metal powders without dies and moulds.
Selective laser melting of biocompatible metals for rapid manufacturing of medical parts, Rapid Prototyp J 13 4:196-203 Tab.