SMPUs are the segmented polyurethanes comprising hard and soft segments that tend to separate into hard and soft phases, forming physical cross-linking polymer networks [2-5, 12, 13].
What does SPU stand for?
SPU stands for Segmented Polyurethane
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SPU
We have 95 other meanings of SPU in our Acronym Attic
- Strasbourger Pearson Tulcin Wolff
- Socialist Party of Texas
- S-Band Polar Ultra
- Safeguard Policy Update (Asian Development Bank)
- SAP Processing Unit
- Sardar Patel University (Vallabh Vidyanagar, Gujarat, India)
- Seattle Pacific University
- Seattle Public Utilities
- Secretaría de Políticas Universitarias (Spanish: Secretariat of University Policies; Argentina)
- Secure Processing Unit
- Service de Pédagogie Universitaire (French: Department of University Education; University of Namur; Belgium)
- Service Production Unit
- Service Publication Unit
- Services Processing Unit (computing)
- Shard Productions Underground (online video group)
- Sheep Production Unit
- Short Procedure Unit (various hospitals)
- Signal Processing Unit
- Simulator Processor Unit
- Single Package Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
Versus traditional amine-based antistats, new Techsperse IDP is based on a segmented polyurethane whose alkyl chain has been extended to make it compatible with polyolefins.
Wilshire Technologies is in the business of developing and manufacturing premium quality, medical-grade gloves made from 100% segmented polyurethane urea for any customer who requires a higher level of cleanliness, greater personal safety, improved work environment and unsurpassed comfort.
Composition of all studied segmented polyurethane membranes.
The artificial heart has a separate left and right ventricle, each consisting of a flexible blood sac made of a segmented polyurethane, Biomer, with a housing in which air is introduced and withdrawn in pulses.
PTG's commercial product portfolio also includes two of the world's most extensively tested biomaterials in clinical use today, BioSpan[R] segmented polyurethane and Bionate[R] polycarbonate urethane.
EXPERIMENTAL Materials and Synthesis Segmented polyurethanes of various hard segment contents and various soft segment molecular weights and chemical structures were used in this study.
These network parameters compare favorably with another TPE, the segmented polyurethane, whose soft segments typically have a [M.