3 /PRNewswire/ -- In partnership with Northrop Grumman, Good Technology(TM) today announced that the Army Knowledge Online (AKO) portal has agreed to license 80,000 seats of Good(TM) Mobile Messaging Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (Good S/MIME).
What does SMIME stand for?
SMIME stands for Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Sonobuoy Missile Impact Location System
- Salon de la Musique Independante de Montreal (Montreal Indie Music Show)
- Send Me an Instant Message
- Servicio de Medicina Interna de la Maternidad
- Sheet Metal Intake Manifold
- Simplified Marginal Impact Method
- Small Integral Membrane Protein
- Static Mesh Improvement Mod (gaming; Skyrim)
- Swansea Maritime & Industrial Museum
- Synchronous Multiple Instruction Multiple Data
- Suncorp Metway Investment Management Limited (Australia)
- Suncorp Metway Investment Management Ltd. (Australia)
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Medical Sciences (Sikkim, India)
- Serbian Multiservice Internet Network (Serbia)
- Southern Maryland Information Network
- Structure of Management Information, Next Generation
- Scheduling and Movement Interface
- Space Mission Integration Office (US Air Force)
- Senior Military Intelligence Officer's Conference
- System Monitor Input/Output Card (ROLM telephone systems)
Samples in periodicals archive:
During the test, two encryption solutions were examined, a version of the Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) for RIM devices, and Voltage Security's Enterprise Privacy Management platform using Identity Based Encryption (IBE), which provides enhancements for S/MIME messaging.
GroupWise already supports Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension (SMIME), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), Certificates and other Internet security standards.
In addition, smartcards also allow users to encrypt e-mail messages using Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) through a private key stored on the card.
CryptOS and NetSign provide an interface to smart card readers, such as SCM Microsystems' SwapSmart, adding hardware strength cryptography and enhancing software technologies such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME).
JSAFE implements RSA's core cryptographic algorithms, which are used in major application security standards such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), Secure Electronic Transaction (SET), and Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension (S/MIME).
Based on technology acquired by RSA from Worldtalk Corporation, the S/MAIL developer kit is designed to provide a secure messaging infrastructure based on the Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension (S/MIME) standard.
Deming brings with it the Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (S/MIME) toolkit, which allows application developers to more quickly develop and integrate the S/MIME protocol into their products.