The music industry has been flogging something called the Secure Digital Music Initiative as a response to unencrypted CDs and a polyglot of online music formats.
What does SDMI stand for?
SDMI stands for Secure Digital Music Initiative
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SDMI
We have 26 other meanings of SDMI in our Acronym Attic
- Sandringham District Memorial Hospital (Australia)
- Santokba Durlabji Memorial Hospital (India)
- Seymour District Memorial Hospital (est. 1920; Seymour, Victoria, Australia)
- Shoalhaven District Memorial Hospital (Australia)
- Symmetrical Dimethylhydrazine
- Shoreham and District Mental Health Association (UK)
- Simcoe and District Minor Hockey Association (Canada)
- South Dakota Manufactured Housing Association
- South Dakota Multi-Housing Association (trade association)
- Strathroy District Minor Hockey Association (Canada)
- Seriously Disabled Mentally Ill
- Severe and Disabling Mental Illness
- Sexual Decision-Making Inventory
- Steinberg Diagnostic Medical Imaging
- Stephenson Disaster Management Institute (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Strategic Distribution Management Initiative
- Secure Digital Music Initiative Foundation
- Scientific Data Mining, Integration and Visualization (workshop)
- Spatial Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
- San Diego Math League (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The RIAA, made up of five of the world's largest record labels, has formed the Secure Digital Music Initiative to safeguard the distribution of music on the Internet.
He is Gracenote's representative to the Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI), organization that is chartered with establishing standards for digital music and music playing devices.
APED supports the popular MP3 and WMA digital music formats and is compliant with the Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI) formats currently in development.
These efforts include the HDTV Workshop, an international event to promote HDTV technologies beyond specific industry interests; ISO Moving Pictures Experts Group (MPEG) standards committee; the Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI) which sought to develop specifications for secure digital music delivery; Image Communications, a journal about image communication; the Digital Audio-Visual Council (DAVIC) to develop international specifications for the delivery of digital media; the Foundation for Intelligent Physical Agents (FIPA) to develop international specifications of generic agent technologies; and the Open Platform Initiative for Multimedia Access (OPIMA) to develop international specifications for pay-for-play services.
Several of these charges stem from alleged misrepresentations made to the Secure Digital Music Initiative by Digimarc regarding their commitment to make available certain licenses to their patent portfolio.
Sanyo originally chose Verance copy protection technologies because of Verance's position as the industry standard for the Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI) and DVD-Audio," said Tatsuo Tanaka, general manager of New Business Projects at Sanyo's Multimedia Company.
Today's federal court ruling dismissing Princeton professor Edward Felten's suit against Verance, the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and the Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI) is a welcome affirmation of our position.