The reforms empower several federal agencies--including the Procuraduria General de la Republica (PGR), the Centro de Investigacion y Seguridad Nacional (CISEN), the Secretaria de la Defensa Nacional (SEDENA), and the Secretaria de Marina (SEMAR)to address violations against freedom of expression and information (SourceMex, March 21, 2012).
What does SEMAR stand for?
SEMAR stands for Secretaria de Marina (Mexico)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Special Education Multicultural Advisory Committee
- State Emergency Medical Advisory Committee (New York)
- Sindicato de Maquinistas Y Ayudantes Ferroviarios (Spain)
- Sindicato Español de Maquinistas y Ayudantes Ferroviarios
- Semantics and Pragmatics of Extended Term Graph Rewriting
- Semantic Annotation
- Semantics-based Program Manipulation Techniques
- Salem Electric Member Assistance Program (Salem, OR)
- Sandwell Ethnic Minority Achievement Project (UK)
- Section Eight Management Assessment Program
- Secretaria del Medio Ambiente, Recursos Naturales y Pesca (México, Secretariat of the Environment, Natural Resources and Fisheries)
- Secretaría de Medio Ambiente Y Recursos Naturales (México)
- Senior Executive Management Assistant Service
- Ship's Engineering Maintenance Assistance Team
- Systems and Equipment Material Assessment Team (US Navy)
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology
- Safety and Environmental Management Branch
- SATA (Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) Enclosure Management Bridge (hardware)
- Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine
- Synchronous Embedded Memory Block
Samples in periodicals archive:
While the Secretaria de Marina (SEMAR) said that Coahuila authorities had the responsibility to safeguard the body, the state prosecutor's office said its duties do not include guarding funeral homes," Healy wrote.
Specifically, the reforms empower the Procuraduria General de la Republica (PGR), the Secretaria de Seguridad Publica (SSP), the Centro de Investigacion y Seguridad Nacional (CISEN), the Secretaria de la Defensa Nacional (SEDENA), and the Secretaria de Marina (SEMAR) to address violations against freedom of expression and information.