NOVEMBER: The Hunger Games - Catching Fire, 22; Mr Peabody and Sherman; DECEMBER: The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, 13; Anchorman: The Legend Continues, Frozen, Last Vegas, Walking with Dinosaurs, 20; Jack Ryan, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, 26.
What does SLOWM stand for?
SLOWM stands for Secret Life of Walter Mitty (short story)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Student Learning Outcomes Task Force
- Second Lady of the United States (Vice President's Spouse)
- St. Louis Oracle Users Group (St. Louis, MO)
- Saint Lawrence-Ottawa Valley (pony club; Canada)
- South London Organisation of Vocational Training Schemes (UK)
- South London Orienteers and Wayfarers
- Stanford Learning Organization Web
- Student Leader Orientation Week (Trinity Western University)
- Super Luxurious Omnidirectional Whatchamajigger (from movie 'The Cat in the Hat')
- Safe Low-Power Kritical Experiment (Canada)
- San Luis Obispo Lindy Exchange (California)
- Sloppy Sox
- SUSE Linux Open-Xchange Server
- Seems Like Only Yesterday
- Suite Life of Zack and Cody (TV show)
- Sacred Landmarks Partnership (of northeast Ohio)
- Safety Lighting Products (Canada)
- Saint Lucia Labor Party
- San Louis Potosi (Mexico)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A love story of long-term commitment, secret desires, day-dreaming and a garden shed, Agnes and Walter is inspired by James Thurber's classic story, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, and features an exceptional cast that spans the generations, aged 26-78.
Best known for film performances in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Hans Christian Andersen, The Court Jester, and White Christmas, Kaye was equally as popular on Broadway, in productions like Lady in the Dark, and for his CBS television specials and variety hour.
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty was an international event.
From the song "Anatole of Paris" in "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty," as written by Sylvia Fine and sung by her husband, Danny Kaye: "And the oboe it is clearly understood / Is an ill wind that no one blows good.
The film adaptation of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (1947) starring Danny Kaye varied greatly from its literary source.
There are also plans for a movie version of the Six Million Dollar Man and a remake of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty.
She grabbed the public's attention in The Princess And The Pirate opposite Bob Hope in 1944 and had great roles in The Secret Life of Walter Mitty ('47) and White Heat ('49).