LDevi et al  reported that secondary air injection to the gasifier results in a significant tar reduction and also a higher temperature could be attained due to secondary air injection in the gasifier.
What does AIR stand for?
AIR stands for Secondary Air Injection (automotive)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AIR
We have 317 other meanings of AIR in our Acronym Attic
- Australian Infantry Regiment
- Australian Institute of Radiography
- Authors in Residence
- Automated Incoming Routing (Teltronics Vision PBX)
- Automatic Idiomatic Representation (VirtualSelf)
- Automatic Image Refinement
- Automatic Increase Rider
- Automatic Inventory Replenishment
- Average-Issue Readership
- Aviation Investment and Reform Act for the 21st Century
- Air Conditioning (cooling system)
- Acoustic Intercept Receiver Detect/Track
- Air Detachment
- Air Risk Information Support Center (EPA)
- Air Force Headquarters Staff
- acute insulin response to intravenous glucose
- Assistant Commander for Engineering
- Avionics Systems Engineering Department
- Air Traffic Explorer
- Academy of Independent Recording Artists
Samples in periodicals archive:
Topics include transient engine startup and shutdown, mixture formation, cold-start hydrocarbon emissions mechanisms, characterization of cold engine processes, spark retardation and secondary air injection for improving catalyst light-off performance, the effects of fuel properties and fuel reforming on cold-start hydrocarbon emissions and catalyst light-off, advanced catalyst design, the hydrocarbon trap, three-way catalytic converter system monitoring, evaporative emissions reduction, onboard diagnostics, emissions measurements and near-zero emission gasoline powered vehicle systems from BMW, Ford, Honda, Nissan, and Toyota.
A catalytic converter and secondary air injection pump were added to the exhaust system to cut emissions while an automotive-style muffler was used to reduce noise.