9783110229219 Linguistic complexity; second language acquisition, indigenization, contact.
What does SLA stand for?
SLA stands for Second Language Acquisition
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SLA
We have 351 other meanings of SLA in our Acronym Attic
- Saved Leave Accrued
- Scanned Linear Array (display technology)
- Scanning Laser Altimeter
- School Library Association (UK)
- School Licensing Agreement (Novell)
- Science Leadership Academy (Philadelphia, PA)
- Science Learning Assessment (kindergarten)
- Scottish Library Association
- Scottish Local Authority (UK)
- Sealed Lead-Acid (rechargeable battery)
- Secretariat for Legal Affairs (Organization of American States)
- Sectorial Loop Antenna
- Security Logistics Agency
- Servant Leadership Association (various organizations)
- Service Level Agreement
- Service Level Agreement (contracts)
- Service Level Assessment
- Service Life Allowance (US DoD)
- Services Locations Audiovisuels (French: Audiovisual Rental Services)
- Seven Letter Acronym
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to Krashen, the only path to second language acquisition is through comprehensible input, not conscious grammar learning based on form-focused instruction.
Topics and commentaries on each include an overview of age and second language acquisition and processing; development of the human cortex and the concept of "critical" or "sensitive" periods; convergence, degeneracy and control; executive control in bilingual language processing; novice learners, longitudinal designs and event-related potentials as means for exploring the neurorecognition of second language processing; second language processing in the miniature language model; meta-analysis of hemodynamic studies on first and second language processing as to which suggested differences can trust and what they mean; and a summary of the themes in the cognitive neurosciences of second language acquisition.
com) is a global provider of ESL/ELT educational materials, including the latest research in second language acquisition.
Drawing on both functionalism and generative theoretical frameworks, they consider first and second language acquisition by children and adults.
Introduction Mindful Learning theory has a number of implications for Second Language Acquisition theory and foreign language teaching practice.
Introduction Though there is a fair amount of research on college-level Second Language Acquisition (SLA), the studies that focus particularly on writing are few.
They cover second language acquisition from initial to final stages, learner type perspective in acquisition of second and third languages, and typological variation and language acquisition.