That number is big, about two to three times what scientists expected to find," says chief cruise scientist Chunhui Tao of the Second Institute of Oceanography in Hangzhou, China.
What does SIO stand for?
SIO stands for Second Institute of Oceanography (China)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SIO
We have 98 other meanings of SIO in our Acronym Attic
- Satellite Integration into Networks for UMTS Services
- Solomon Islands National Union of Workers
- Silicon Nano-Wire
- Staten Island New York
- Steel Institute of New York
- Syndicat d'Initiative de Nyangezi (French: Union Intiative of Nyangezi; Congo)
- South Island New Zealand
- Safety Interlock Override
- Scalable Input/Output Initiative (California Institute of Technology)
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Section Interorganisations
- Security and Information Operations
- Senior Intelligence Officer
- Senior International Officer (various organizations)
- Senior Investigation Officer (UK)
- Serial Input/Output
- serious inquiries only
- Service Information Octet (SS7)
- Service Inventory Optimization (software)
- Services in Operation