Roland Wein, executive director of GTOT, said German, undoubtedly, is a good second foreign language to learn for local students, which makes sense for Germany is one of the world's most important industrial nations.
What does SFL stand for?
SFL stands for Second Foreign Language
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SFL
We have 161 other meanings of SFL in our Acronym Attic
- Shrem Fudim Kelner Technologies Ltd. (Israel)
- San Francisco Korean United Methodist Church (California)
- Schweizerische Freie Kegler-Vereinigung (Switzerland; Swiss Kegler Free Association; bowling)
- Safe Fill Level (vessel design, vapor space)
- Sandford Freight Ltd. (Ireland)
- Santé France-Laos (French: Health France-Laos)
- Saskatchewan Federation of Labour (Canada)
- Schools Fantasy League
- Sciences de La Fabrication et Logistique (French: Science of Manufacturing and Logistics; educational engineering program)
- Screen For Life (CDC cancer screening)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Muscat: Oman became the first country in the Gulf region to introduce German as a second foreign language from the new academic year.
CATHERINE W GICHUKI DOHA THE Supreme Education Council (SEC) is planning to introduce Japanese language on a trial basis as one of the optional second foreign language to be incorporated in the official curriculum of independent schools next year.
In five of these schools, Italian language is taught as the second foreign language in the framework of the "L2S Project," an initiative financed by the Italian Foreign Ministry following a request by the Lebanese Education Ministry.
The solution has even been suggested, quite contrary to the warnings given in the Strategy, to counterbalance the impact of English, it has been suggested that English should be taught as the second foreign language to prevent students and schools from neglecting the remaining languages once the instrumental task of acquiring English language skills has been completed (Coulmas 1991:18).
Implications and Suggestions It is not possible to draw one-to-one conclusions about the parallels between first and second foreign language acquisition.
It is possible to replace the art subject with another subject, for example you could do a second science or a second foreign language.
It will be "Fortune's" second foreign language edition, following "Fortune China.