The Boston Red Sox second baseman was examined by Tom Gill, physician for the Major League Baseball club, and replaced on the US roster by Baltimore second baseman Brian Roberts.
What does 2B stand for?
2B stands for Second Baseman (baseball)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of 2B
- Exhibits Objectionable Material to Persons under 18 (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Offences for Commercial Sex Services (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Prostitution under 18 (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Adaptor Australia (i-mate accessory)
- Advise Relatives/Owner (police incident code)
- Second Amendment
- Second-Adjacent Channel Interference
- Two-Access Wyner-Ziv
- Double (baseball)
- Recruiting (police incident code)
- Two Bearer (digital networking)
- 2 Bearer + Delta/Data (ISDN BRI channels)
- 2 Binary 1 Quaternary
- 2-Base Hit (baseball)
- To Be or Not to Be
- To Be or Not to Be
- 4-Bromo-2,5-Dimethoxyphenethylamine (psychedelic drug)
- 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-Methylphenethylamine (psychedelic drug)
- 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-Iodophenethylamine (psychedelic drug)
- 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-Ethylthiophenethylamine (designer psychedelic drug)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Waves broke the game open with a three-run fifth, highlighted by a run-scoring single from sophomore second baseman Denny Duron and a two-run single from Worth.
On pop fly balls in the infield, the second baseman has priority over the first baseman and the shortstop has priority over the third baseman, especially on balls hit beyond the bases.
The PFX's most high-profile stars include three-time gold medalist pitcher Lisa Fernandez and second baseman Dot Richardson, a two-time gold medalist.
With the third baseman cheating in and the second baseman cheating over, a good run-and-bunt game can play cat and mouse with them forcing them to decide between covering the ball or the bag.
The absence of second baseman Jeff Kent, who is on the 15-day disabled list with an oblique injury, and right fielder J.
Coach B hits ground balls to the shortstop, who tosses the ball to the second baseman for the double-play pivot and throw to the regular first baseman, who returns the ball to the Coach B shagger.
Pepperdine 3, Missouri 2: The top-seeded Waves (41-19) held on to beat the fourth-seeded Tigers, who scored a run in the ninth and had the potential tying run on third base and go-ahead run at first before a diving play by second baseman Denny Duron clinched the win.