Canadian Forces search and rescue technicians are admired for their tremendous skill in carrying out life-saving missions on land and at sea in very challenging conditions, said the Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence.
What does SARTECH stand for?
SARTECH stands for Search and Rescue Technician (Canadian Armed Forces and Coast Guard)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Structured Analysis for Real-Time Systems
- Substance Abuse Reorientation & Treatment
- Sacramento Area Regional Technology Alliance (California)
- Sacramento Area Regional Theatre Alliance (California)
- Search and Rescue Training Academy
- South Australian Road Transport Association (est. 1908)
- Southern Antiterrorism Regional Training Academy (Louisiana)
- Stark Area Regional Transit Authority (Stark County, OH)
- Space Automation and Robotics Technical Committee (American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics)
- Search and Rescue Technician
- Search and Rescue (SAR) Telephone (private hotline; US DoD)
- Schweizerische Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Textilkennzeichnung (Swiss study group for labeling of textiles)
- Search And Rescue Task Force
- Scandinavian Amateur Radio Teleprinter Group
- Shipboard Advanced Radar Target Identification System
- Solvent-Assisted Resin Transfer Molding
- South Atlantic Remote Territories Media Association (Falkland Islands)
- Southern Africa Regional Tourism Council (now Regional Tourism Organisation of Southern Africa)
- Safe Road Trains for the Environment (transportation project; EU)
- Sabah Amateur Radio Transmitting Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
As search and rescue technicians await word on a new fixed-wing search and rescue aircraft to replace the 40-year-old Buffalo, new Defence Minister Peter MacKay awarded IMP Group Ltd.
95 (pa) Cooper (National Association for Search and Rescue (NASAR)) overviews all aspects of search and rescue procedures and equipment in this text covering Search and Rescue Technician (SARTECH) II and III requirements.