One of these is a process called search engine optimization (SEO), which can help Web sites perform better on relevant search engine results pages.
What does SERP stand for?
SERP stands for Search Engine Results Page
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SERP
We have 67 other meanings of SERP in our Acronym Attic
- Southeast Regional Office
- Syringe Exchange Resources Online
- System Engineering/Engineer Release Order
- Single Engine Rate of Climb
- South East Regional Organisation of Councils (Australia)
- Sears Roebuck Company
- Surface-Enhanced Raman Optical Data Storage
- Service Squadron (US DoD)
- Southern Regional Oxidant Network
- Senter for Risikostyring Og Samfunnssikkerhet (Norwegian: Center for Risk Management and Civil Protection, University of Stavanger)
- Services Effectiveness Research Program
- Servicewide Electronic Research Program
- Servicewide Electronic Research Project
- Sheltered Employee Retirement Plan
- Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty
- Sorption Enhanced Reforming Process
- Special Early Retirement Program
- state earnings related pension
- Statewide Emergency Response Plan
- Steam/Electrical Recovery Project
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) display an index of results calculated by the Google algorithm.
Willy Gissen, President of Cut-It-Out Communications, said, "Having your photo next to your website listing in Google's search engine results pages increases your click-through rate (CTR) and thus the amount of traffic to your website.
Through this method, your advertisement appears in the "sponsored links" area of the search engine results page.
SEO offers a way to add details to your site which ultimately help it rise to the top of the search engine results page.
Even though the more prominent positions on the search engine results page experience higher click-through or conversion rates, they are not always the most profitable ones.
By incorporating industry- and location-specific keywords into Traditions In Tile & Stone's Web site, Prospect Genius can help the site display closer to the top of relevant search engine results pages.
This document, appropriately titled the SEO Guide for Beginners, provides an overview of search engine operations, on-site components of web pages, and various strategies for improving visibility in the search engine results pages (SERPs).