Terry Turner, legislative and political director of the Seafarers International Union added, "Repeated, unfounded lock closures make it expensive and difficult - if not impossible - to keep businesses operational and workers employed.
What does SIU stand for?
SIU stands for Seafarers International Union
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SIU
We have 72 other meanings of SIU in our Acronym Attic
- State Income Tax Withholding
- Stats in the Wild (sports statistics)
- Sorry If That Was Unclear (net slang)
- Society of Interpreters and Translators of Yukon (Canada)
- See, I Told You So
- Seychelles International Trade Zone (Seychelles)
- Salem International University
- Sapporo International University (Japan)
- Scheduling Information Unsolicited (health care)
- Schiller International University
- Secondary Index Utility
- Sector Intelligence Unit (US Border Patrol)
- Sensitive Investigative Unit
- Senter for internasjonalisering av høyere utdanning (Centre for International University Cooperation; Norway)
- Senter for Internasjonalt Universitetssamarbeid (Norwegian: Centre for International University Cooperation)
- Serial Interface Unit
- Service Informatique Universitaire (French: University Computing Services; University of Namur; Belgium)
- Sets In Use (TV)
- Signal Interface Unit
- Significant Industrial User
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 2,000 merchant marine sailors who supported Operation Iraqi Freedom were praised by Michael Sacco, president, of the Seafarers International Union.
Maritime preserves health benefits The American Maritime Association and the Seafarers International Union reached a 3-year agreement, covering some 9,000 unlicensed crew members (seamen) on tankers and dry cargo ships, that provides for wage increases and maintenance of health benefits.
Pride of Aloha represents a partnership between NCL America, the shipboard workers and their unions," said Mike Sacco, president of the Seafarers International Union.
Coast Guard Sector Los Angeles-Long Beach; the Honorable Julie Nelson, Acting Deputy Administrator and Chief Counsel of the Maritime Administration; and Mike Sacco president of the Seafarers International Union and the Maritime Trades Department, AFL-CIO.
Victor Hanson has represented the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, Seafarers International Union, AFL-CIO, the Maritime Trades Department, the Sailors Union of the Pacific, Marine Engineers Beneficial Association, the National Football League Players Association and the American Guild of Variety Artists.
1, AFL-CIO Seafarers International Union of North America (SWU), employed at the Crockett, Calif.
Offshore Mariners United is a coalition of five maritime unions -- International Organization of Masters, Mates & Pilots, Marine Engineers' Beneficial Association, Seafarers International Union, American Maritime Officers, and the National Maritime Union -- with the assistance of the AFL-CIO and the ITF.