prepares for important sea-based missile defense test In its first test of a sea-based defense against longer-range missiles this month, the U.
What does SMD stand for?
SMD stands for Sea-Based Missile Defense
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SMD
We have 256 other meanings of SMD in our Acronym Attic
- Selected Mouse Cdna on X (human homolog of)
- Selected Mouse cDNA on Y
- Madison-South(Amtrak station code; Madison, WI)
- Sauter Mean Diameter
- ScanMail for Domino (software)
- School of Medicine and Dentistry (various locations)
- Schott Music Distribution (Germany)
- Science Mission Directorate (NASA)
- Scottish Malt Distillers (Scotland, UK)
- Sea-Based Midcourse Defense
- Section de Médecine Dentaire (French: Dental Medicine Section; Switzerland)
- Sega Mega Drive (game console)
- Senile Macular Degeneration
- Senior Managing Director
- Senior Medical Director (healthcare; various locations)
- Separate Mechanized Division
- Serrurerie Métallerie Delamaide (French metalworking company)
- Service Member Data
- Servo Motor Drive (electronics)
- Severe Mental Disorder
Samples in periodicals archive:
This successful test advances Japan's sea-based missile defense capabilities and highlights Aerojet's leading role in providing reliable propulsion for MDA, the U.
The United States also has expanded land- and sea-based missile defense systems in and around Qatar, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain, U.
Lavrov has called for "full clarification" about the new sea-based missile defense system.
The alliance would not survive a failure in this area, which is becoming ever more important now that Japan has stood up its initial sea-based missile defense capabilities,'' it says.
The Navy is speeding up preparations to deploy a sea-based missile defense system by early 2005.
Navy's developing sea-based missile defense system.
Navy's sea-based missile defense system, one of the first operationally deployed components of the nation's layered network of defenses against cruise and ballistic missile attacks.