Aquarius is a focused effort to measure the sea surface salinity of the world's oceans.
What does SSS stand for?
SSS stands for Sea Surface Salinity
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SSS
We have 774 other meanings of SSS in our Acronym Attic
- Scandinavian Sanitary Systems (now International Sanitary System)
- Scandinavian Stroke Scale (medicine)
- School and Student Service (financial aid)
- School of Social Sciences
- School Safety Survey (various organizations)
- Science, Society and Solutions (US Geological Survey)
- Scotopic Sensitivity Syndrome (visual perceptual disorder; aka Meares-Irlen syndrome)
- Scout Sniper School
- Scuole Specializzate Superiori (Swiss school)
- Sea Scout Ship
Samples in periodicals archive:
Data collected by the buoy included wind speed and direction, sea surface temperature (SST), sea surface salinity, pressure, and C[O.
This can cause dramatic drops in sea surface salinity near river mouths and can fundamentally affect benthic shallow-water communities (Arntz et al.