The seminal 1941 Disney strike was of particular importance because it witnessed the temporary eclipse of the increasingly corporatist IATSE by respectively the liberal Screen Cartoonists Guild (SCG) and radical Conference of Studio Unions (CSU).
What does SCG stand for?
SCG stands for Screen Cartoonists Guild
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SCG
We have 235 other meanings of SCG in our Acronym Attic
- Smart Choices for Youth (Goldsboro, NC)
- Southern Californians for Youth (Los Angeles, CA)
- Saban Capital Group, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA; est. 2001)
- Saudi Coast Guard
- Save Concorde Group (UK)
- Schützen Corps Gesellschaft (German shooting club)
- Schweizerischer Chiropraktoren-Gesellschaft (German: Swiss Chiropractors' Society; Switzerland)
- Science Coordinating Group
- Science Coordination Group
- Scots Gaelic (linguistics)
- Security Classification Guide
- Selective Coronarography
- Serbia and Montenegro
- Service Canadien des Glaces (Canadian Ice Service)
- Service Control Gateway (telecommunications)
- Slow Crack Growth
- Small Community Grant (various locations)
- Society of Craniofacial Genetics (since 1975)
- Society of the Classic Guitar
- Solar Concentrator Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Hollywood particularly the investigations of HUAC polarised opinion between those, like Judy Garland and Frank Sinatra, who saw the attack on the film industry as an assault on the First Amendment (freedom of speech), and others like Walt Disney, who argued that the Screen Cartoonists Guild had been infiltrated by Communists.