Kelvin Thomson, Improve national development manager for Scotland, said: "It plugs a gap between Scottish Vocational Qualifications, Modern Apprenticeships, and degree level courses.
What does SVQ stand for?
SVQ stands for Scottish Vocational Qualification
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of SVQ
We have 1 other meaning of SVQ in our Acronym Attic
- Supine Venous Pump Function Test
- supraventricular paroxysmal tachycardia
- Svenskar På Twitter (Swedes on Twitter)
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons Unit (UK)
- Sexually Violent Predator Unit (various locations)
- Special Vehicle Products Unlimited (Odenville, AL)
- Silicon Valley Palm Users Group
- Space Vector Pulse Width Modulation
- Sales Validation Questionnaire (real estate; Kansas)
- Scalar-Vector Quantizer
- Sevilla, Spain (Airport Code)
- Spherical Vector Quantizer
- Split Vector Quantization
- South Valley Quilt Association (Morgan Hill, CA)
- Super Vacant Quarters Maintenance
- Santa Venera (postal locality, Malta)
- Saradar Vallabhbhai Regional Engineering College, Surat India
- Scottish Variable Rate (UK taxes)
- Security Violation Report
- Sérigraphie Vernis Repiquage (French: Silkscreen Varnish-Dubbing)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Health, public services and care was the biggest single sector for VQs in the UK last year, with more than a million qualifications achieved Workplace qualifications are also increasing, with 959,000 national and Scottish Vocational Qualifications achieved, an increase of more than 24% on the previous year.
Its reforms made National and Scottish Vocational Qualifications and Apprenticeships more flexible, more relevant and easier to access, driving up participant numbers.
QUALIFICATIONSNVQs/SVQs National Vocational Qualifications and Scottish Vocational Qualifications show work-related achievements proving a person's ability to do a certain job.
A report by Lantra says that ten years ago many land-based employees needed skills equivalent to, or just above, level two in a National or Scottish Vocational Qualification.
The content covers the knowledge evidence for both National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) and Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs) in painting and decorating.
Scottish Vocational Qualifications (SVQs) can provide a framework for focused, on-the-job training and development.
The specialised training package, established in association with the Scottish Qualifications Authority, is based on a Scottish Vocational Qualification model.