At the Scottish Trades Union Congress, delegates staged a demonstration against the company in a bid to force it to abandon its contracts in Israel.
What does STUC stand for?
STUC stands for Scottish Trades Union Congress
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of STUC
We have 4 other meanings of STUC in our Acronym Attic
- Secure Telephone Unit III (US government)
- Secure Telephone Unit–Third Generation
- Secure Telephone Unit - Third Generation, Remote
- Secure Telephone Unit–Fourth Generation
- Scottish Trust for Underwater Archaeology (UK)
- Staatliches Umweltamt
- Society to Undermine Annoy and Ruthlessly Torment (fictional, from TV cartoon "Doug")
- Small Tactical Unmanned Aerial System (US DoD)
- Software Technik Und Beratung (German: Software Engineering and Consulting)
- Samoa Trades Union Congress
- Sør-Trøndelag University College (Norway)
- Space Telescope Users Committee (Hubble Space Telescope)
- Student Community
- Student Council
- Suedostasiatische Treffen Und Dialog (German: SouthEast Asian Meetings and Dialogues)
- Super Tactical Urban Dinosaur (gaming clan, Counter-Strike)
- Student of the Institution of Electrical Engineers (UK)
- Student of the Institution of Incorporated Engineers (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Although this was largely seen as a freak vote, it is also notable that the Scottish Trades Union Congress have so far refused to take a position on independence.
The Scottish Trades Union Congress and Trade Union Congress were joined by organisations including the National Union of Students, the Hardest Hit Coalition and the Rail, Maritime and Transport union as they made calls for a 24-hour general strike.
12/2/2009 2:14:18 PM The Scottish Trades Union Congress (STUC) has called on supporters of football club Celtic to wave Palestinian flags at their Europa League home match against Israel's Hapoel Tel Aviv as a 'demonstration of support' for Palestine.
We hope that Celtic fans will join with us in a demonstration of support for a just and lasting peace in Israel/Palestine based on a secure Palestinian homeland living side by side with Israel," Dave Moxham, deputy secretary general of the Scottish Trades Union Congress said in a statement.
Stephen Boyd, Scottish Trades Union Congress (STUC) Assistant Secretary, criticised HBOS's business model and said: "The focus on the role of speculators in HBOS's demise has allowed its senior executives to wriggle free from the spotlight.
Any doubts about what a disaster Ms Alexander is for Scottish Labour were dispelled at SC the Scottish Trades Union Congress.
Speaking at the Scottish Trades Union Congress in Dundee yesterday, Graham Tran, offshore workers' officer with Amicus, said: "We have a shortage of the necessary skills in the oil and gas sector.