The Scottish Salmon Producers' Organisation said co-operation between the aquaculture and wild-caught sectors had yielded many benefits in the past.
What does SSPO stand for?
SSPO stands for Scottish Salmon Producers' Organisation (Perth, UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SSPO
We have 21 other meanings of SSPO in our Acronym Attic
- Subscriber Service Provisioning Manager
- Sump and Sewage Pump Manufacturers Association
- Sree Sakthi Paper Mills Ltd. (India)
- Shri Shivaji Preparatory Military School (India)
- Ships' Stores Profits, Navy (US DoD)
- Small Solitary Pulmonary Nodule (lung cancer)
- Soil Science and Plant Nutrition (journal)
- Student Society Programming Network (McGill University; Canada)
- Sail Sand Point Outrigger
- Sealift Support Program Office
- Senior Superintendent of Post Office (India)
- Servicing Security Police Office
- Simulation Strategic Planning Office
- Space Shuttle Program Office
- Space Station Program Office
- Special State Police Officer
- Strategic Systems Program Office
- Strategic Systems Project Office
- Southside Parents of Multiples (Greenwood, IN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Scottish Salmon Producers' Organisation revealed exports to 55 countries soared by nearly a quarter last year, as sales rose from 52,671 tonnes to 65,480 tonnes.
It is legal to shoot seals outside their breeding season and the Scottish Salmon Producers' Organisation, whose industry is one of the biggest employers in the Highlands, said a single attack could kill several thousand of the farmed fish.
Julie Edgar of the Scottish Salmon Producers' Organisation said: "It is a bit of a snub to Scottish fish farmers.
The strategy reflected the importance of aquaculture to the rural economy, and would allow the industry to develop in line with market demand, said Phil Thomas, Scottish Salmon Producers' Organisation chairman.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Funding for the project will be provided by industry stakeholders including the Scottish Salmon Producers' Organisation, the Scottish government, producers and suppliers.
It would be very bad news if they got to Scotland," said a Scottish Salmon Producers' Organisation spokesman.
The Scottish Salmon Producers' Organisation is alarmed that the transfer of planning powers to local authorities on 1 April involves a review of permissions of all sites.