The shock findings by the Scottish Poverty Information Unit, based at Glasgow Caledonian University, sparked calls for an urgent change in provisions.
What does SPIU stand for?
SPIU stands for Scottish Poverty Information Unit (School of Law and Social Sciences at Glasgow Caledonian University)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SPIU
We have 1 other meaning of SPIU in our Acronym Attic
- Supporters of Politically Incorrect Topics
- Speedy Implementation of SNOBOL (programming language)
- Integrated System Pre-Installation Test and Check Out
- Switching Processing Interface Telephone Events
- Single Prioritized Integrated Target List
- Scan Platform Inertial and Thermal Simulator (Mariner IV)
- South Pennines Integrated Transport Strategy (UK)
- Strategic Platform for Intelligent Traffic Systems (Netherlands)
- Subcutaneous Patriotic Intelligence Tattoo System (satire)
- SACCS Printer Interface Unit
- Sales Performance Incentive
- Scanning Particle Image Velocimetry (astrophysics)
- Stereoscopic Particle Image Velocimetry
- Special Purpose Individual Weapon
- Special Purpose Infantry Weapon
- Software Process Improvement Working Group (systems engineering)
- Szkola Przedsiebiorczosci I Zarzadzania (Polish: School of Business and Management)
- Scientific Programming Journal (IOS Press)
- Secret Public Journal (blog)
- Self-Protection Jamming
Samples in periodicals archive:
The report was compiled using data from the Child Poverty Action Group (CPAG) in Scotland, the Scottish Poverty Information Unit (SPIU) and Open University.
Sinclair, of the Scottish poverty information unit at Glasgow Caledonian University, added: "This places a huge responsibility on the Scottish government to do all it can to achieve the target of eradicating child poverty by 2020.