Here in Scotland, we also stood by while the Scottish Low Pay Unit was closed down due to lack of funding in 2008.
What does SLPU stand for?
SLPU stands for Scottish Low Pay Unit (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- State and Local Programs and Support Directorate
- Switched-Line Phase Shifter
- Safety and Loss Prevention Subject Group
- Speech-Language Pathologist Stress Inventory
- Samasta Lanka Praja Sanwardana Mandalaya (Sri Lankan non-governmental organization)
- Sri Lanka Peace Support Project (USAID)
- San Lorenzo Para Todos (Spanish: San Lorenzo for All; Argentina)
- Sharp Lines Public Transportation (Texas)
- Southeast Land Preservation Trust
- Springfield Landmarks Preservation Trust (Springfield, MO)
- South Londonderry Protestant Volunteers (Northern Ireland, UK; documented Loyalist terrorist organization)
- Superior Left Pulmonary Vein (thoracic surgery)
- System Level Performance Verification (aircraft testing)
- Society of Linux Professionals Washington
- System-Level Practical Exercise
- School Life Questionnaire (various locations)
- Schultz-Larsen Questionnaire (dermatology)
- Silver Lining Questionnaire (illness assessment)
- St. Lambert (Amtrak station code; Quebec, Canada)
- Standing Liberty Quarter (United States Quarter Dollar Coin minted from 1916-1930)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Carol Young, of the Scottish Low Pay Unit, said: "The council tax freeze will help.
However Carol Young of the Scottish Low Pay Unit said: "That someone selling the Big Issue can make so much money highlights just how inadequate the minimum wage is.
A spokesman for the Scottish Low Pay Unit said: 'The rate should be achievable and should work out at at least the minimum wage.
The Scottish Low Pay Unit says 30 per cent of Scottish workers earn less than pounds 280 a week.
The report by the Scottish Low Pay Unit revealed that many workers earn about pounds 180 a week - compared with the average male weekly wage of pounds 280.
The shoddy treatment of youngsters isexposed in a damning report by the Scottish Low Pay Unit to be published this week.
Research by the Scottish Low Pay Unit found that hard-up mums end up stuffing envelopes, packing candles or sewing clothes for less than 50p an hour.