Contract award: Food Standards Agency FS411002 The influence of the food environment and the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) on food and drink purchased by secondary school pupils beyond the school gate.
What does SIMD stand for?
SIMD stands for Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (Office of the Chief Statistician; Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SIMD
We have 15 other meanings of SIMD in our Acronym Attic
- Simulation to C4I Interoperability
- Simulation for Critical Infrastructure Protection (Integrated Risk Reduction of Information-Based Infrastructure Systems; EU)
- Sahara India Media Communications Ltd
- Stock Inventory Management and Customer Ordering
- Simulation Converter
- Simultaneous Construction
- slurry infiltrated mat concrete
- Scientific Information Management Coordination Board (US EPA)
- Surgical Intermediate Care Unit
- SACDIN Implementation & Cutover Plan
- Single Instruction Multiple Data
- Single Instruction-Stream, Multiple Data-Stream
- Society of Inherited Metabolic Disorders
- Substance Induced Mood Disorder
- Surfaces and Interfaces of Mesoscopic Devices (conference)
- Simulations-Based Division Army Trainer
- Simulation Development
- Sistem Informasi Managemen Di Indonesia (Indonesian: Information Systems Management In Indonesia)
- SIMulation DISposition
- Systeme d'Information sur les Matieres Dangereuses Utilisees au Travail (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The postcode of the parents/carers home was used to allow the degree of deprivation to be analysed using the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) system.
Researchers used the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation - which uses factors like income, housing, education and employment - to assess the level of deprivation for each child.