Former Northern Development Company boss John Bridge asked Clark to launch it as the Scottish Development Agency was ploughing money into promoting Scotland as a base for the industry.
What does SDA stand for?
SDA stands for Scottish Development Agency
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SDA
We have 388 other meanings of SDA in our Acronym Attic
- Baghdad-Saddam International Airport
- Saboraud Dextrose Agar (fungal media)
- Saint Dominic Academy (Jersey City, New Jersey)
- Samba de Amigo (game)
- Same Day Admission (medical care)
- San Dieguito Academy (Encinitas, CA)
- Scalable Disk Array
- Schools Development Authority (New Jersey)
- Schweizerische Depeschenagentur (Swiss National News Agency)
- Scottish Dairy Association
- Scottish Downhill Association (UK)
- Scottish Draughts Association
- Screen Design Aid
- Scuba Diver Assistant (computer)
- Scuola Di Direzione Aziendale (Graduate Business School of Bocconi University, Milan, Italy)
- Security Domain Authority
- Seigneur des Anneaux (French: Lord of the Rings)
- Sélection Directe à l'Arrivée (French; telecommunications)
- Self Decrypting Archive
- Self-Directed IRA
Samples in periodicals archive:
I worked on the Seafish Industry and Scottish Development Agency accounts.
He then worked for the Scottish Development Agency before re-joining ICI working in a variety of operations, finance and IT roles for 18 years.
The main institutions were the Highlands and Islands Development Board, set up in 1965; the Manpower Services Commission, a Britain-wide body set up in 1973 to oversee vocational education and training (VET) (Brown and Fairley 1989); and the Scottish Development Agency, which was established in the mid-1970s.
Sir George Mathewson, group chief executive of the Royal Bank of Scotland and a former chief executive of the Scottish Development Agency was awarded a knighthood.
He has previously worked for Locate in Scotland and the Scottish Development Agency.
The organisation charged with the task is Locate In Scotland, the result of a policy initiative set up in 1981 by the Scottish Office in concert with the Scottish Development Agency, now Scottish Enterprise.
The Scottish Development Agency was formed in 1975 by the merger of the Scottish Industrial Company with the National Investment Bank.