The Scottish Child Law Centre was established in 1989 and Scotland's Commissioner for Children and Young People was appointed in 2003.
What does SCLC stand for?
SCLC stands for Scottish Child Law Centre (Edinburgh, Scotland, UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SCLC
We have 100 other meanings of SCLC in our Acronym Attic
- Standard Cab Long Bed (pickup truck)
- State Contractors License Board
- Sweetwater County Library Board (Wyoming)
- John A. Shelburne Computer Learning Center
- San Carlos Lacrosse Club
- Sarapiqui Conservation Learning Center (Costa Rica)
- SCCP Connectionless Control (ANSI)
- School of Comparative Languages and Culture (Devi Ahilya University)
- Schultz Collins Lawson Chambers (various locations)
- Scientific Computing Laboratory Communication
- Searcy County Literacy Council, Inc.
- Seattle Central Labor Council
- Seattle Community Law Center
- Sedona Creative Life Center (Arizona)
- Senior Computer Learning Center (Portland, OR)
- Sequential Centrifugal Layer Chromatography
- Service Clubs Leadership Conference
- Sheerness Community Learning Centre (UK)
- Side Chain Liquid Crystalline (polymers)
- Sierra-Cascade Logging Conference and Equipment Show
Samples in periodicals archive:
The group are using agencies such as Citizens Advice Scotland, the Scottish Child Law Centre and Strathclyde University Law Clinic, to refer worthy cases.
Previously, she was director of the Scottish child law centre and remains a visiting professor at the Glasgow Centre for the Child and Society, University of Glasgow.
The former director of the Scottish Child Law Centre, who chaired the Edinburgh inquiry into abuse and protection of children in care in 1999, insists she will be independent and outspoken.
Since it is all a bit of a balancing act, the Scottish Child Law Centre is running training courses on the different laws.
You can also call the Scottish Child Law Centre (for under 18s) on 0800- 317 500.
If you need counselling call: Childline - freephone 0800 1111 The Samaritans - 0345 909090 Zero Tolerance Trust - 0131 555 6644 Victim Support: Glasgow - 0141 553 1726 Edinburgh - 0131 225 7779 Scottish Child Law Centre - 0141 226 3737 Children First - 0131 337 8539