The Scottish Archaeological Finds Allocation Panel will value the hoard in February.
What does SAFAP stand for?
SAFAP stands for Scottish Archaeological Finds Allocation Panel
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Sailor's and Families Advice Bureau (UK)
- Singapore Armed Forces Ammunition Command
- Southern African Forum Against Corruption (est. 2000)
- Student Activity Fee Advisory Committee (various locations)
- Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee (Drexel University)
- Southern African Federation Against Copyright Theft
- Small Arms for Air Defense (also seen as SAAD)
- Small Agencies Finance Action Group (Community of Federal Agencies; Canada)
- South Abingdon Floodplain Action Group (UK)
- Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition & Logistics
- Society Against False Accusations of Rape
- Societal Applications in Fisheries and Aquaculture of Remote-Sensing Imagery (marine ecology)
- South African Fundamental Atomic Research Installation (South African Nuclear Energy Corporation)
- South African Regional Science Initiative
- Southern African Fire Atmosphere Research Initiative
- Stray and Feral Animal Rescue Initiative (DeKalb, IL)
- Scottish Association of Flower Arrangement Societies
- Security and Fire Alarm System
- Sorority and Fraternity Alumni Society (Ohio State University)
- Study Abroad for Advanced Skills (Association of Teachers of Japanese)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It's unclear exactly how much the torcs are worth and their value will be decided by a panel of six government-appointed experts - the Scottish Archaeological Finds Allocation Panel (SAFAP) - acting on behalf of Scotland's Crown Office.