The purpose of these coalitions is to enable a coordinated, proactive response by stakeholders to scope of practice developments at the state level, particularly attacks by the AMA Scope of Practice Partnership (SOPP) and state and local medical societies.
What does SOPP stand for?
SOPP stands for Scope of Practice Partnership (American Medical Association)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SOPP
We have 11 other meanings of SOPP in our Acronym Attic
- South of Ponce (Atlanta, GA)
- Special Operations and Program Officer (United States)
- Statement of Project Objectives
- Stowarzyszenie Obrony Praw Ojca (Polish: Association for Defense of the Father; est. 1986; Warsaw, Poland)
- Synod of the People of God
- Stichting Openbaar Primair Onderwijs Goeree-Overflakkee (Dutch: Public Primary Education Foundation Goeree-Overflakkee)
- Stichting Openbaar Primair Onderwijs Haarlemmermeer (Dutch: Haarlemmermeer Primary Public Education Foundation; Haarlemmermeer, Netherlands)
- Sociedade Portuguesa de Vácuo
- Sum of Power of Two (coding algorithm)
- School of Professional Psychology (Wright State University; Ohio)
- Sexual Offense Prevention Policy (Antioch College; Yellow Springs, OH)
- Standard Operating Policies and Procedures
- Standard Operating Procedures and Policies (US FDA)
- Suuret Oluet - Pienet Panimot (Finnish: Big Beer - Small Breweries; beer festival; Finland)
- Symphony of Peace Prayers (yearly event)
- Second-Order Polarization Propagator Approximation
- Sounds of Praise Pentecostal Fellowship Ministries
- Special Operations Photo Processing Interpretation Facility
- Statement of Organization Practices and Procedures
- Senate Office of Public Records (US Senate)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, in 2006 the American Medical Association (AMA) spent millions of dollars developing a huge document called the Scope of Practice Partnership (SOPP).
The CPR brings together APRNs with a number of other health care professionals to counter the activities of the American Medical Association's Scope of Practice Partnership.
One of those is an initiative formulated out of the American Medical Association known as the Scope of Practice Partnership (SOPP), which refers to Non-physician providers as "Limited Licensed Health Care Providers.
In addition, AMA has announced the formation of a Scope of Practice Partnership, including other medical specialties which will serve as a coordinated resource center for states who are dealing with scope of practice issues.