The purpose of our study was to investigate the potential, indirect effects of wind turbines on a migratory grassland bird, the scissor-tailed flycatcher Tyrannus forficatus, with the majority of its summer breeding range in Texas.
What does STFC stand for?
STFC stands for Scissor-Tailed Flycatcher (bird)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of STFC
We have 40 other meanings of STFC in our Acronym Attic
- Socialized Tuition and Financial Assistance Program (Philippines)
- Support To Total Force Analysis
- Save the Franklin Battlefield Inc. (Franklin, TN)
- Sekolah Tinggi Farmasi Bandung (Indonesian: College of Pharmacy Bandung; Bandung, Indonesia)
- Short Term Federal Bond (security; Pakistan)
- South Texas Food Bank
- Sue Thomas, FBEye (TV show)
- Stacked Thin & Fine Ball Grid Array
- Saskatoon Track and Field Club (Saskatoon, SK, Canada)
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (UK)
- Self Test Feature Check
- Self-Tuning Fuzzy Controller
- Servico Telefonico Fixo Comutado (Portuguese: Switched Fixed Telephone Service; Brazil)
- Ship To First Commit
- Shrewsbury Town Football Club
- Shriram Transport Finance Company Limited (India)
- Specialized Therapeutic Foster Care
- Staff's Crew (gaming group)
- Staines Town Football Club (UK)
- Star Trek: First Contact
Samples in periodicals archive:
9) (Chordeiles minor) Scissor-tailed Flycatcher 2 (1.
Small likened the sighting to the sighting in October 2009 of a scissor-tailed flycatcher in Orange.
Commensal foraging of Scissor-tailed Flycatchers with Rio Grande Turkeys.
A scissor-tailed flycatcher was discovered at the airport early Wednesday morning by local bird expert Jeffrey S.
Activity patterns and foraging behavior of the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher (Muscivora forficata).
The study region initially was selected to encompass the breeding range in the USA of the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher (Tyrannus forficatus); one finds the edges of breeding ranges of numerous other bird species in this region, which is characterized by considerable environmental variation and gradients.
excubitor) shrikes, Scissor-tailed Flycatcher (Tyrannus forficatus), Prairie Warbler (Dendroica discolor), and Chestnut-sided Warbler (Dendroica pensylvanica) are not included.