Once testing is complete, the spacecraft will be commanded to maneuver into a 438-mile altitude, near-polar orbit with five other scientific satellites as part of the Afternoon (A-Train) Constellation.
What does SCISAT stand for?
SCISAT stands for Scientific Satellite
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- School of Computing and Information Systems
- Shanghai Community International School (China)
- Slutzker Center for International Services (Syracuse University; Syracuse, NY)
- Southern Center for International Studies
- Sports Council for International Schools
- Support Criminal Investigation System (UK)
- Survivable Communications Integration System
- Salmon Creek Indoor Sports Arena (Vancouver, WA)
- South Carolina Independent School Association
- Size Classifying Isokinetic Sequential Aerosol Sampler
- Siberian Civic Initiatives Support Center
- St. Clair Independent School District #75 (Saint Clair, MN)
- State Council of Illinois Square Dance Associations
- Save the Children in Sri Lanka (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
- Schools Council Integrated Science Project (various locations)
- Servicio Cooperativo Interamericano de Salud Publica (Paraguay)
- Scientific Speculation Prediction & Investigation
- Société Canadienne des Infirmières en Santé Respiratoire (Canadian Nurses' Respiratory Society)
- South Central Information Security Symposium (Texas Learning and Computation Center)
- Southern California Industrial Safety Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
work are to achieve a general school in the second degree, vocational and scientific satellite restore a building of 8 units and the road outside paths and parking.
Now, the network of TDRS satellites combines to convey near-continuous signals, information and commands from ground controllers to the International Space Station as well the Hubble Space Telescope and a range of scientific satellites.
Kim said his government was waiting for the analysis of the third stage from related organizations to verify Pyongyang's announcement that the rocket successfully put a scientific satellite into orbit.
According to the statement, North Korea insists that it will launch the scientific satellite for earth research but it is the same with the long-range missile technically.
Under the ambitious project Selena Ukraine is set to send its own scientific satellite to the Moon in 2017, according to the advisor to the chairman of the State Space Agency of Ukraine Eduard Kuznetsov.
The telecommunication, measurement and scientific satellite is due to be launched in the next few months to a distance of 250 to 375 kilometers from the earth's atmosphere and with the orbital angle of 55 degrees.
The rocket reached orbit but a malfunction prevented the placing of a scientific satellite into orbit.