Response to Intervention and School-wide Positive Behavior Support One approach to student behavior support delivery that uses the RtI framework to prevent students' behavioral failure and maximize their access to academic instruction is school-wide positive behavior support (SWPBS).
What does SWPBS stand for?
SWPBS stands for School-Wide Positive Behavior Support
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Spoken Word Publishing Association (UK)
- Submersible Wastewater Pump Association
- Surplus War Property Administration (Office of War Mobilization)
- Swimming and Water Polo Association
- South West Participatory Arts Network (Devon, UK)
- State Water Project Analysis Office (State of California)
- School Wide Positive Behaviour
- Side-Worked Pre Bake (electrolysis cell)
- South Wales Probation Board (UK)
- School-Wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Secondary Wood Products Consortium
- Short Wing Piper Club
- Siemens Westinghouse Power Corporation
- Smaller War Plants Corporation (USA)
- Southwestern Pet Collars (Phoenix, AZ)
- Space Weather Prediction Center (NOAA; Boulder, CO)
- Surface Water Protection Criteria
- Southern Water Pollution Control Facility (Stafford, NJ)
- South Warwickshire Primary Care Trust (UK)
- South Wiltshire Primary Care Trust (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
After explaining why punishment is most commonly used and what alternatives there are to this approach--including school-wide positive behavior supports and the social emotional learning approach--he outlines evidence-based strategies and techniques for comprehensive school discipline that integrates the two approaches and involve developing self-discipline and preventing and correcting behavior problems.
In addition the bill would establish a grant program for school-wide positive behavior supports that would help schools to target potentially problematic behavior and develop proactive approaches to improve school climate and academic outcomes.
Alternatively, investigators working within the PBS framework have developed a comprehensive approach to prevent challenging behavior, school-wide positive behavior support (SWPBS) (Anderson & Kincaid, 2005; Sugai & Horner, 2002).
Applying Behavior Analysis to School Violence and Discipline Problems: School-Wide Positive Behavior Support.
School-wide Positive Behavior Support is an effective primary prevention intervention, even for young children with serious internalizing or externalizing behavior problems.
Practical considerations in creating school-wide positive behavior support in public schools.
Representatives Danny Davis (D, IL-7th), Todd Platts (R, PA-19th), Bobby Scott (D, VA-3rd), and Chris Murphy (D, CT-5th), focuses on alternatives to harsh and exclusionary discipline, and highlights School-Wide Positive Behavior Supports ("SWPBS") as an appropriate use of funds under several titles of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA).