Culling information from an impressive variety of primary and secondary sources, Mackowski artfully weaves the details into a captivating narrative of how Armstrong, before leaving the School of Aviation Medicine at Randolph AFB in 1949, created the Department of Space Medicine under Strughold's leadership.
What does SCHAVMED stand for?
SCHAVMED stands for School of Aviation Medicine (US Navy)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Southern California HIV Advocacy Coalition
- Short Chain 3-Hydroxyacyl-CoA Dehydrogenase Deficiency
- Special Command Allied Expeditionary Force
- Southern California Historical Aviation Foundation (Western Museum of Flight)
- Standing Commission on Human Affairs and Health
- Safety Case Handling and Assessment Manual (United Kingdom)
- South Carolina Health Access Plan
- Statistical Center for HIV/AIDS Research and Prevention
- School of Health and Related Research (The University of Sheffield, UK)
- Senior Citizens Home Assistance Service (Knoxville, TN)
- Sub-Critical Heat-Affected Zone
- Series Connected H-Bridge
- Small Craft Harbours Branch (Canada)
- Small-Capacity Hypertonic Bladder
- Scott County Home Builders Association (Georgetown, KY)
- Southern California Hot Boat Association
- Saint Charles Health Care
- Second Chance Help Center, Inc.
- Society for Chemical Hazard Communication
- Society of the Companions of the Holy Cross
Samples in periodicals archive:
The biggest problem for Andy would have been vibration," says Squadron Leader Nick Green of the School of Aviation Medicine at Farnborough, "which makes it difficult to focus on the instruments.
Mr Kahn has now set up the Aviation Health Institute to investigate the issue with the support of dedicated Atlantic-hoppers Sir David Frost and heart surgeon Professor Sir Magdi Yacoub, as well as many international companies - including Marks & Spencer and BP - and the RAF School of Aviation Medicine.