Because she defied the Vatican ban and faced expulsion by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, she left the order and joined the Sisters of Loretto in 2001.
What does SSND stand for?
SSND stands for School Sisters of Notre Dame
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SSND
We have 1 other meaning of SSND in our Acronym Attic
- Strict Sense Non-Blocking
- Scottish Scout Network Council
- Semiconductor Solutions Network Company (est. 2003; Japan)
- Shan State National Council (Burma)
- Signaling System Network Control
- Status, Entity Data Not Consistent (Alcatel)
- Stichting Spoor Nul Contact (Dutch: Track Zero Contact Foundation; Netherlands)
- Swedish Society for Nature Conservation (Stockholm, Sweden)
- Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering (India)
- Single Sideband Noise-To-Carrier Ratio
- Splanchnic Sympathetic Nerve Discharge
- Student Society for News Design (various locations)
- Survey of the Social Networks of the Dutch
- Symposium on Security in Networks and Distributed Systems
- Scotland, Scandinavia and Northern Europe (database)
- Sous-Marins Nucleaires Lanceurs d'Engins (French equivalent to Ballistic Missile Submarine)
- Sustainable Step New England
- Small States Network for Economic Development (Valletta, Malta)
- South Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve
- Scottish Stroke Nurses Forum (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I was educated by the Sisters of the Most Precious Blood in grade school and the School Sisters of Notre Dame in high school.
The retreat center provides a quiet, peaceful setting for adults seeking to find God more deeply in their lives," explains Sister Joan Schaefer, of the School Sisters of Notre Dame, who own and operate the center.
Gramick publicly defied the Vatican even to the point of leaving her congregation, the School Sisters of Notre Dame whose Superior ordered her to obey, and joining the Loretto Sisters (Southern USA) who pride themselves on being "progressive" and independent-minded.
But Gramick has remained a vocal supporter of gay rights and as a result has been in constant danger of being dismissed from her order, the Baltimore-based School Sisters of Notre Dame.
One team turned to a surprising set of subjects for its study-the Roman Catholic School Sisters of Notre Dame.
Four years after they entered the convent, just before they took their vows and permanently joined the School Sisters of Notre Dame, they were asked to write brief autobiographies.
the Mennonite Retirement Trust Common Stock Fund, the Milwaukee Province of the School Sisters of Notre Dame, MMA Praxis Core Stock Fund, Real Assets Investment Management, St.