The present invention combines two individual assays, which are two different cholesterol assays: an assay measuring scavenger receptor class B type I (SR-BI)-mediated cholesterol efflux and an assay measuring ATP binding cassette protein 1 (ABCA1)-mediated cholesterol efflux, and uses them in parallel to test human and animal sera for their potential to stimulate efflux, as mediated by either of the two receptors described above.
What does SR-BI stand for?
SR-BI stands for Scavenger Receptor Class B Type I (vitamin E transport)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of SR-BI in our Acronym Attic
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development
- Safety, Reliability, and Quality (US NASA)
- Safety, Reliability, and Quality Assurance
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Sturgis Rally and Race Inc.
- Supporting Research and Technology (NASA)
- Stoner Rifle 16
- Scavenger Receptor Class A
- Selective Repeat Automatic Repeat Request
- Scavenger Receptor Class B
- Self Repairing Bio-Inspired Cellular Hardware
- Single-Resonator Bandpass Filter
- Single Reference-Coupled-Cluster
- Single Reference-Coupled-Cluster Discharge
- Single Reference-Coupled-Cluster Single Discharge
- Short Range with Dismount
- Scavenger Receptor Expressed by Endothelial Cells (biochemistry)
- Secretion Rate of Insulin
- Stored-Reference Impulse Radio
- Superior Rectus and Levator Palpebralis