Prior Information Notice: Buying a scanning electron microscope autoemisnE[degrees]m source of electrons (feg) combined with a scanning ion microscope (fib)
What does SIM stand for?
SIM stands for Scanning Ion Microscope
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SIM
We have 354 other meanings of SIM in our Acronym Attic
- Supras Invade Las Vegas
- Synchronous Independent Lung Ventilation (pulmonary medicine)
- Swedish Irbesartan Left Ventricular Hypertrophy Investigation Versus Atenolol
- Symbolically Isolated, Linguistically Variable, Intelligence Algorithms
- Silent Videotape Recording
- Sugar Industry Labour Welfare Committee (Trinidad and Tobago)
- Sugar Industry Labour Welfare Fund (Mauritius)
- So in Love with You (Don Ricardo song)
- Sales in Minutes
- Salon International du Meuble (French: International Furniture Fair)
- Scientific Instrumentation Module (US NASA)
- Scientific Instruments Module (Apollo program)
- Screened Images Multimedia, Inc.
- Search of the Index Map (property registry)
- Secondary Ion Mass (chemistry)
- Secrets of Internet Millionaires
- Section of Integrative Medicine (Albuquerque, NM)
- Security Identity Module (cell phone usage)
- Security Incident Management
- Security Information Management
Samples in periodicals archive:
ALIS' scanning ion microscope uses helium atoms for higher resolution and faster imaging compared to electron microscopes (see IBO 7/15/06).
The ORION([TM]) scanning ion microscope uses a beam of Helium ions --rather than electrons typically used in scanning electron microscopes (SEM) -- to image and measure.
Our scanning ion microscope uses a beam of helium ions as the imaging particles.