Compared to Microsoft Forefront Protection for Exchange, Trend Micro ScanMail for Exchange blocks malicious URLs, uses 10x less memory(2) with its SmartScan technology, scans 57 percent faster(3), and is easier to use(4).
What does SMEX stand for?
SMEX stands for ScanMail for Exchange (Trend Micro)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of SMEX
We have 4 other meanings of SMEX in our Acronym Attic
- Science, Math, Engineering, and Technology Education
- Science, Mathematics and Technology Education
- Science, Mathematics, Engineering, and Technology Education Open Federation (Berkeley, CA)
- Service Mission Essential Task Lists
- Preparing SME Software Houses to SQ Implementation
- Smart Metering Equipment Technical Specification (UK)
- Standard Missile Echo Unit
- System Management End User Interface (IBM Websphere)
- Small and Medium Enterprises Working Group
- Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater
- Short Messaging Extended
- Small Explorer
- Streptococcal Mitogenic Exotoxin Z
- Sacramento, CA, USA - Sacramento Metropolitan (Airport Code)
- Sallie Mae Fund (Fishers, IN)
- Sample Management Facility
- Sanibel Music Festival
- Santa Monica Freeway (California)
- Sarasota Medieval Fair (Florida)
- Satellite Manufacturing Facility (Orbital Sciences Corporation; Dulles, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This beta version of Trend Micro ScanMail for Exchange Server 2007 provides businesses protection against a multitude of email-borne threats.
Also included is support for Nokia Firewall appliance, Check Point Management consoles on UNIX in addition to Windows, as well as updated Trend Micro ScanMail for Exchange support Security Reporting Center 2.
This beta version of Trend Micro ScanMail for Exchange Server 2007 and earlier versions of Exchange continues to provide businesses proven protection against a multitude of email-borne threats including spam and phishing and viruses, plus inappropriate content.
14, 2002 ServerProtect for Network Appliance(TM) Filers, InterScan VirusWall and ScanMail for Exchange Provide Comprehensive Virus Scanning for Corporate Data Trend Micro, Inc.
ScanMail for Exchange Now Supported by the NetIQ AppManager Suite; Provides Additional Content Security Functionality to NetIQ's Centralized Management Tool for Windows NT and Windows 2000 Environments Networld+Interop Trend Micro: Booth # 6323 NetIQ: Microsoft Pavilion LAS VEGAS, May 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Trend Micro Inc.
0 for Exchange, and Trend Micro's ScanMail for Exchange Suite.
Today, ScanMail for Exchange is one of the most stable and scalable antivirus solutions on the market.