Glyn Morgan, chairman of Save Our Common Mountain Environment (SOCME), said red kites had recently moved onto Mynydd y Gwair, with two breeding nests, and he was concerned about their safety as birds and bats were known to be vulnerable to turbine blades.
What does SOCME stand for?
SOCME stands for Save Our Common Mountain Environment (Wales, UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Son of Citation Machine (resource)
- Space Operations Cost Model
- Special Operations Combat Medic
- Stand-Off Cluster Munition
- Statewide Organizing for Community Empowerment (Tennessee)
- Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates (Washington, DC)
- South Oakland County Mayors Association (Michigan)
- Synthetic Organic Chemical Manufacturers Association
- Servicemember Opportunity College for Marines
- Special Order of the Commandant of the Marine Corps
- Smoke and Obscurant Counter-Measures Materials Evaluation Test
- Southern Ontario Chamber Music Institute (Canada)
- Synthetic Organic Chemical Manufacturing Industry
- South Orange County Major Investment Study (Orange County Transportation Authority; California)
- Servants of Christ Motorcycle Ministry, Inc.
- Standing on the Corner Minding My Own Business
- Statements of Clinical Need (UK)
- Stichting Openbaar Carnaval Nijmegen (Dutch carnival foundation)
- Students of Color Network
- Systems, Optimization, Control and Networks (education)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The group, Save Our Common Mountain Environment (Socme), organised the two-mile march on Mynydd-y-Gwair, between the Amman Valley and Pontardawe.
Glyn Morgan, of Save our Common Mountain Environment, said the decision would "save the outstanding natural environment surrounding Swansea".