Beginning on Friday, April 13 tours of the Savannah River Site were offered.
What does SRS stand for?
SRS stands for Savannah River Site (South Carolina; DoE facility)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SRS
We have 552 other meanings of SRS in our Acronym Attic
- SAAM (Special Assignment Airlift Mission) Request System (US DoD)
- Safety Requirements Specification (process industry related)
- Safety Restraint System
- Saint Rose School
- Salary Review System
- Sample Registration System (census research)
- Santa Rosa Symphony (Santa Rosa, CA)
- Satellite Radar Station
- Satellite Readout Station
- Science Research Specialist
- Science Resources Studies (US NSF)
- Sciences des Religions et Société (French)
- Scoliosis Research Society
- Scottish Radiological Society
- Scottish Record Society (est. 1897; UK)
- Scottish Rhododendron Society
- Scouts Royale Sisterhood (sorority)
- Sea Research Society (Irmo, SC)
- Sealed Radioactive Source
Samples in periodicals archive:
WASHINGTON, April 23 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is being issued by Savannah River Site Community Reuse Organization: WHO: Georgia and South Carolina Community Leaders from Counties Around The Department of Energy's Savannah River Site WHAT: Press Conference to discuss the Federal Government's decision to halt work on the Yucca Mountain Permanent Nuclear Waste Repository WHEN: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 11 a.
The equipment will be installed in large underground tanks at the Department of Energy's Savannah River Site to prepare the highly radioactive waste for processing, and transfer it to on-site remediation facilities.
The last of the weapons-grade plutonium was shipped to DOE's Savannah River site in Aiken, South Carolina, much to the chagrin of then South Carolina governor Jim Hodges, who lost a federal court fight to block the waste.
More recently, between September 2000 and September 2001, the steam process removed approximately 70,000 pounds of trichloroethylene and perchloroethylene from a site of 61,000 cubic yards at the Department of Energy's Savannah River Site in South Carolina.
Department of Energy's Savannah River Site (SRS) in South Carolina.
Bacteria can thrive in extreme environments, including the highly irradiated pools of water holding used nuclear fuel rods at the Energy Department's Savannah River Site in Aiken, S.
IRVING, Texas -- Fluor Corporation (NYSE: FLR) has been notified that the United States Department of Energy (DOE) exercised its option to extend the current Management & Operating (M&O) contract at the Savannah River Site (SRS) in Aiken, S.