Applicable to adult and pediatric patients, the INVOS System uses visible and near infrared spectroscopy to generate an index of the "regional saturation of oxygen," or rSO2, of the area under the sensor.
What does SaO2 stand for?
SaO2 stands for Saturation of Oxygen (arterial blood)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SaO2
We have 7 other meanings of SaO2 in our Acronym Attic
- Support Air Observation
- Survivor's Assistance Officer
- Sword Art Online (Japanese light novel series)
- System Acquisition Officer
- System Analysis Office
- Systematic Analysis of Operations
- SF Acid Output to Basal Acid Output Ratio
- Splanchnic Arterial Occlusion and Reperfusion
- Oxygen Saturation (hemoglobin)
- Saturación Arterial de Oxígeno (Spanish: Arterial Oxygen Saturation)
- South African Optometric Association
- South African Orthopaedic Association
- South Australian Ornithological Association (bird enthusiasts' association)
- Southeastern Athletic Officials Association (North Carolina)
- Sporadic Adult Onset Ataxia
- State Agency on Aging (New Mexico)
- Sub-Area Originating Authority
- Sperm-Associated Oocyte Activating Factor
- Sydney Aboriginal and Oceanic Art Fair (Australia)
- Sulfide Anti-Oxidant Buffer
Samples in periodicals archive:
The river is classed as grade one as far as water quality is concerned at Wylam and it also has a maximum saturation of oxygen, so they don't die from lack of oxygen at Wylam
The Digital Pulse Oximeter from Nonin Medical Inc wirelessly measures and reports the saturation of oxygen in arterial blood.