The study found that many celebrity chef recipes in cookbooks contained "undesirable levels" of saturated fatty acids (SFA), sugars and salt which are linked to diseases like obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
What does SAFA stand for?
SAFA stands for Saturated Fatty Acid
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAFA
We have 56 other meanings of SAFA in our Acronym Attic
- Secretary of the Air Force-Acquisition
- Secure Access Facility for Transactions (VINCIV Corp)
- SCSI Access Fault-Tolerant Enclosure
- Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition
- Assistant Secretary, Financial Management and Comptroller (USAF)
- Deputy Under Secretary of the Air Force for International Affairs
- Secretary of the Air Force International Affairs European Division
- Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower, Reserve Affairs, Installations and Environment
- Secretary of the Air Force Office of Public Affairs
- Safety Assessment of Foreign Aircraft (ECAC)
- Service des Affaires Franco / Anglais
- Society for Alliance, Fidelity and Advancement (science forum)
- South African Football Association
- South African Freedom Alliance (political party)
- South Asian Federation of Accountants
- Stand Alone Fast Access
- Strategic and Financial Advisory (India)
- Student Awards and Financial Aid (Canada)
- Suomen Arkkitehtiliitto Finlands Arkitektförbund (Finnish Asociation of Architects; Helsinki, Finland)
- Sailor's and Families Advice Bureau (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The total content of polyunsaturated fatty acids, monounsaturated fatty acids and saturated fatty acids remained unchanged.
The associations of plasma A[beta]40 and A[beta]342 levels and dietary intake of 10 nutrients were examined, including saturated fatty acid, monounsatu-rated fatty acid, omega 3 polyunsaturated fatty acid (PUFA), omega 6 PUFA, vitamin E, vitamin C, beta-carotene, vitamin B12, folate and vitamin D.
Palmitate is one of the most abundant saturated fatty acids in plasma and is substantially elevated following an HFD.
Also, bone of chicks fed maximum saturated fatty acid dietary bear less force in comparison to other two treatments.
Dietary patterns were calculated based upon variations in seven possible nutrients related to AD vitamin E, folate, omega-3 and omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids, vitamin B12, monounsaturated fatty acids, and saturated fatty acids.
To investigate how increasing carbohydrate intake while reducing saturated fatty acid intake affected the heart, the researchers looked at 53,644 men and women from Denmark who had never suffered heart attacks.
Indeed, faecal calcium content is positively correlated with faecal saturated fatty acid content in infants and not mono- or polyunsaturated fatty acids.