Honeywell employees affected by the disaster support the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) mission operated by HTSI.
What does SCN stand for?
SCN stands for Satellite Control Network
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of SCN
We have 246 other meanings of SCN in our Acronym Attic
- Software Configuration Management Working Group
- Supply Chain Management Working Group
- Southern Comfort Music Experience (rock concerts)
- Students Christian Movement of Zimbabwe
- Super Champ Major Zone (Laredo, TX)
- Saarbruecken, Germany - Ensheim (Airport Code)
- Samarium Cobalt Noiseless (electric guitar pickup)
- SAP (System Analysis and Program Development) Community Network
- Saskatchewan Communications Network
- Satellite Communications Network
- Save Children Now
- Scandinavian Clinical Nutrition (Sweden)
- School Computer Network
- Schwarzkopf Coaster Net (website)
- Scottish Candidate Number (unique serial number given to each student sitting Scottish Examinations)
- Search Control Number
- Sears Communications Network
- Seattle Community Network (Seattle, WA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) Unit locations: 21st Space Operations Squadron, Vandenberg, AFB, Call.
The Logistics of Control The control segment consists of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) computer workstations, specialized equipment to format satellite command codes and translate satellite telemetry, and a worldwide networked family of tracking stations (the Air Force Satellite Control Network, or AFSCN) with large dish antennas and radio frequency equipment to communicate with satellites in orbit.
The Defense Meteorological Satellite Program, the Air Force Satellite Control Network, the Spacetrack Radar System used to track space objects, and the Defense Satellite Communication System--all used today to support critical warfighting functions--began in the 1960s.
Currently, ASTRO's telemetry data is designed to be downlinked from the spacecraft to either the NASA Tracking and Data Relay Satellite System (TDRSS) or the Air Force Satellite Control Network (AFSCN) where it is backhauled onto the Orbital Express Ground Operations Network consisting of three T-1 lines.
Harris provides operations and maintenance support to the 50th Space Wing's Air Force Satellite Control Network.
Air Force Satellite Control Network This network consists of worldwide remote tracking stations providing assured command, control and communications connectivity between ground satellite operations centers and more than 150 Department of Defense, national program and civil satellites.
In addition, SI International has supported the Spacelift Range Systems, Range Standardization and Automation, military satellite communication (Milsatcom) systems, and the Air Force Satellite Control Network since 1996.