The Microsoft initiative at South San Francisco High is part of the SmartSchools NetDay Project, organized by more than 50 high-tech firms, the San Jose Education Network, and the San Mateo and Santa Clara County offices of education and more than 30 school districts.
What does SJEN stand for?
SJEN stands for San Jose Education Network (Santa Clara County Office of Education; San Jose, CA)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Stanford Japan Exchange Club (est. 1954)
- San Jose Evergreen Community College District
- South Jersey Economic Development District
- San Jose Episcopal Day School (Jacksonville, FL)
- San Jose Education Foundation (San Jose, CA)
- Sompo Japan Environment Foundation
- Social Justice Education Institute (experiential training program; Massachusetts)
- South Jersey Environmental Information Center (est. 1991)
- South Jersey Environmental Justice Alliance (Camden, NJ)
- Scanning Joule Expansion Microscopy
- Stichting Jongeren En Politiek (Dutch: Youth Foundation and Politics; The Netherlands)
- Structural Joint European Project (Trans-European Mobility Scheme for University Studies; EU)
- San Joaquin Experimental Range (San Jose, CA)
- Scandinavian Journal of Educational Research (Routledge publication)
- South Jersey Enduro Riders
- South Johor Economic Region (Malaysia)
- Saint James Episcopal School (various locations)
- Saint Joseph Elementary School (various locations)
- South Jackson Elementary School (Athens, Georgia)
- South Jersey Energy Solutions (South Jersey Industries, Inc.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The company has already sponsored the participation of five Massachusetts teachers in last summer's San Jose Education Network program.
In addition to software, Novell donated more than $560,000 in cash to organizations such as the San Jose Education Network, Junior Achievement, Make-a-Wish Foundation, San Jose Repertory Theatre Company, Sundance Children's Theatre and Ballet West.
SmartSchools NetDay builds on Smart Valley's existing SmartSchools initiative, the efforts of the San Jose Education Network and the long-term commitments of Silicon Valley companies to bring computer networking technology into the classroom.
The Piedmont project was coordinated by Sun, 3Com and the San Jose Education Network.
Sun will direct its donations to schools participating in the SmartValley and San Jose Education Network programs, which are working to provide students with an on-ramp to the information superhighway.
Its flagship project, the San Jose Education Network, is the largest in California.