This technology found new uses in America, from Bing Crosby's meticulously edited radio broadcasts of the late '40s and '50s to the experiments in tape manipulation advanced by the San Francisco Tape Music Center in the '60s.
What does SFTMC stand for?
SFTMC stands for San Francisco Tape Music Center
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Senior Fitness Test Kit
- Small Firms Training Loan (UK)
- South Florida Travel League (sports)
- Standards for Technological Literacy (education)
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- Sorry for the Late Notice
- Shelburne Falls Trolley Museum
- Star Fleet Technical Manual (Star Trek)
- Switched Frame Transfer Mode (software)
- San Francisco Treasury Management Association
- Salvation for the Nations (various locations)
- Santa Fe Trail Neighborhood (Independence, MO)
- Scholehouse for the Needle (Marietta, GA)
- Sorry for the Noise
- State Farm Telecommunications Network (insurance)
- Soldiers for Tactical Operations (gaming)
- Special Forces Tactical Ops (video game clan)
- Stofftiere Online eV (gaming clan)
- Small Farm Technical Outreach Project
- South Florida Theatre Organ Society
Samples in periodicals archive:
An award-winning avant-garde composer who was a co-founder of the San Francisco Tape Music Center, Oliveros plays electronic accordion.
I FIRST LEARNED OF the San Francisco Tape Music Center in the late 1990s, when I was a student of one of its early members, Pauline Oliveros, at the Oberlin Conservatory of Music.