New system will gather and make data available to develop San Francisco taxi apps for all 1,700 San Francisco taxis SAN FRANCISCO, March 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Board of Directors of the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA), which manages transportation in the city, including the regulation of taxis, this week approved legislation that will require all taxicabs in San Francisco to allow the installation of equipment that will collect and provide real-time location and occupancy data to smart phone application developers.
What does SFMTA stand for?
SFMTA stands for San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (California)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SFMTA
- Supercomputer Facilities Management Services
- Swiss Financial Market Services
- San Francisco Motorcycle and Scooter Coalition
- Store and Forward Message Switching System (telecommunications)
- San Francisco Mime Troupe (San Francisco, CA)
- San Francisco/Moscow Teleport (now Golden Telecom, Inc.)
- SIMD-oriented Fast Mersenne Twister
- Spiritual Formation Ministry Team
- St. Francis Medical Technologies (various locations)
- San Francisco Metropolitan Transportation Agency (California)
- Scottish Federation of Meat Traders Associations (Perth, Scotland, UK)
- San Francisco Mountain Biking
- Soil Fertility Management Unit
- Super Fuel Management Unit
- South Florida Model United Nations (simulation)
- Schedule of Fair Market Value (Philippines; real property)
- Shoah Full Motion Video (animation software; Amiga)
- Smoke Free Mohawk Valley (New York)
- Stick Figure Music Video
- Sympathy for Mr Vengeance (2005 movie)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It signed a $2 million deal this year with the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency to supply systems to several train stations.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency is using a $19.
The Award of Merit for SFpark is presented to the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA), which runs the program.
a provider of professional, technology, and management services, announced today that the Company has been awarded a re-compete contract for the Parking Meter Coin Collection, Counting and Support Services Contract supporting the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA).
What is remarkable about the advertisement, notes Gottlieb, is that it appears the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency has violated its own guidelines, which prohibit advertising that "appears to promote the use of firearms.
16, 2010 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Speaker Pelosi issued the following statement about the Department of Transportation awarding $6 million to the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (Muni) for the Central Subway/Third Street Light Rail project.
MTC, the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency and Clipper program contractor Cubic Transportation Systems Inc.