At a neuroendocrine level, many show an abnormal circadian rhythm of salivary cortisol levels (Dozier et al, 2006a) and stress can impair brain development (Graham et al, 1999).
What does SCL stand for?
SCL stands for Salivary Cortisol Level
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SCL
We have 413 other meanings of SCL in our Acronym Attic
- Sustainable Communities Knowledge Network (Green Municipal Fund; Federation of Canadian Municipalities)
- Six Counties Kidney Patients Association (UK)
- South and Central Kalimantan Production Forest Project (Indonesia)
- Southern California Kyudo Renmei (est. 2009; archery)
- South Central Kansas Regional Medical Center
- South Central Kansas Special Education Cooperative (Iuka, KS)
- Special Conformal Killing Vector (physics)
- Second Chance Kitchen Warehouse (Brisbane, Australia)
- South Central Kansas Writing Project (course for teachers to improve writing skills)
- Saint Catherine Laboure (various locations)
- Santiago, Chile - Aeropuerto Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez (Airport Code)
- Satellite Consulting Ltd (UK)
- Save A Cat League
- Scalable Computing Laboratory (US DoE and Ames Laboratory)
- Scanner Control Language
- School Club Link (various locations)
- School Community Leadership
- Scientific Computers Limited
- Scientific Computing Laboratory (Institute of Physics Belgrade, Serbia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Instead of having patients tote around 24 hours' worth of urine sample, I find that baseline salivary cortisol levels in conjunction with a 9 a.
4) Salivary cortisol determination An enzyme immunoassay method purchased from Salimetrics[R] was used to determine the salivary cortisol levels.
But, we had no patient whose salivary cortisol level was measured.
It is biologically plausible that a longer exposure time is needed to develop chronic stress reaction with increase in salivary Cortisol levels.
Salivary cortisol levels decreased by more than 60% after the first dose of Sleep Tonight
Salivary cortisol levels showed the usual patterns of circadian rhythmicity, and those with milder injuries had higher 8 am cortisol levels.
Women with a history of depression had higher salivary cortisol levels in response to a stress-inducing situation than women without a history of depression, Patricia M.