They also welcomed the forthcoming bilateral Army exercise in the UK during July and August which will see Indian and British troops conduct combined Counter Insurgency training, using the latest British Army training facilities, on Salisbury Plain Training Area.
What does SPTA stand for?
SPTA stands for Salisbury Plain Training Area (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SPTA
We have 39 other meanings of SPTA in our Acronym Attic
- Supporting People Team (UK)
- Suprapubic Tube
- Sustaining Product Team (US NASA)
- Suzuki Power Train (India)
- System Performance Test
- System Posture Token (Cisco)
- Système de Production de Toyota (French: Toyota Production System)
- Support Company
- Software Project Tracking & Oversight
- Saint Petersburg Telegraph Agency (PTA predecessor 1904-1914)
- Silicon Prairie Technology Association
- Southern Peninsula Tennis Association, Inc. (Australia)
- Southern Pressure Treaters Association (Gulf Shores, Alabama)
- Spare Parts, Tools and Accessories
- Spectrin, Alpha
- Strathclyde Passenger Transport Authority (UK)
- Secondary Power Test Bed
- Secondary Prevention and Translation Branch (US NIH)
- Spectrin, Beta, Erythrocytic
- Spontaneous Preterm Birth
Samples in periodicals archive:
Salisbury Plain From the outset, it must be said that The field archaeology of the Salisbury Plain Training Area is a beautiful book in every respect.
Cubic also will highlight the new Area Weapons Effects Simulator (AWES) it is building for the United Kingdom Ministry of Defense in the Salisbury Plain Training Area in England and at Suffield, Alberta, Canada.
PROGRAM DELIVERIES AREA WEAPONS EFFECTS SIMULATOR (AWES): The Cubic-developed AWES system is now operational at the Salisbury Plain Training Area in the United Kingdom.
At Farnborough, CDA will feature the following UK programs and new products: UK PROGRAMS -- AREA WEAPONS EFFECTS SIMULATOR (AWES): Cubic's largest defense program, AWES, is being installed at the Salisbury Plain Training Area in the UK and the British Army Training Unit at Suffield in Alberta, Canada.
Business Editors and High-Tech Writers SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 7, 2002 The most realistic combat training system ever to be developed is taking shape at the United Kingdom's Salisbury Plain Training Area and the British Army Training Unit at Suffield, Alberta, Canada.
It is now in development at the Salisbury Plain training area in the UK and the British Army Training Unit at Suffield in Alberta, Canada.
As prime contractor of the massive AWES project, Cubic is responsible for designing, developing, manufacturing and delivering two ground combat training systems; one for the Salisbury Plain Training Area (SPTA) in the United Kingdom and a second for the British Army Training Unit at Suffield (BATUS) in the Canadian province of Alberta.