With Age Concern she set up Ojalah, the first BME - Black and Minority Ethnic - women's elders group, as well as working with the Sainsbury Centre for mental health in London as part of the Better Government for Older People national pilot.
What does SCMH stand for?
SCMH stands for Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of SCMH
We have 4 other meanings of SCMH in our Acronym Attic
- Signaling Connection Management (ITI)
- Slimy Crud Motorcycle Gang (Wisconsin)
- Société Champagne Ardenne de Médecine Générale (French medical society)
- SouthCoast Media Group (Dow Jones Local Media Group; New Bedford, MA)
- St. Cloud Medical Group (St. Cloud, MN)
- Supply Chain Management Group (various locations)
- Swiss Contact Management Group (Teleperformance; France)
- South Carolina Meat Goat Association
- Southern California Men's Gymnastics Association
- Story County Master Gardeners Association (Iowa)
- Shasta County Mental Health (Redding, CA)
- Smith Community Mental Health (Sunrise, FL)
- Southern California Material Handling (Pico Rivera, CA)
- Specialist Practitioner Community Mental Health
- Standard Cubic Meters per Hour
- Sex Comb on Midleg Homolog 1 (human gene)
- Seminole Community Mental Health Center (Fern Park, FL)
- South County Mental Health Center (Delray Beach, FL)
- Stanislaus Chapter of Mental Health Consumers (California)
- South Carolina Mental Health Counselors Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health (2010) Developing Centres of Excellence in IPS: bridging the gap between what we know and what we do.
2) The CBI AXA absence and labour turnover survey estimates the annual cost of sickness absence to be around GBP13bn and, according to the Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health, sickness presenteeism could account for more than 1.
A report by the Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health found that court diversion and liaison schemes in England only work with one in five people with mental health problems who go through the justice system.
The Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health estimates that mental health problems cost over pounds 77 billlion per annum through economic losses, care costs and, in extreme cases, premature death.
The service was an example of best practice in About Time, a guide about the recommissioning of day and vocational services for mental health service users, published earlier this year by the Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health.
The Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health concluded that the average inmate had a combination of problems including mental health and substance abuse issues.
The Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health and the charity Quit have come together to offer smokers information and assistance relevant to their needs.