It will address the controversial role of the hot, dry, and dusty Saharan Air Layer in tropical storm formation and intensification.
What does SAL stand for?
SAL stands for Saharan Air Layer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of SAL
We have 242 other meanings of SAL in our Acronym Attic
- Stichting Alkmaarse Katholieke Scholen (Dutch: Catholic Schools Foundation Alkmaar; Alkmaar, Netherlands)
- Sri Aurobindo Kapali Sastry Institute of Vedic Culture (Bangalore, India)
- Strategic Analysis and Knowledge Support System
- Single Action Kill Tool (geophysics)
- Salon Kaupan Ja Terveyden Ammattiopisto
- Stop AIDS, Keep the Promise (Worlds AIDS Campaign slogan)
- State Association of Kansas Watersheds
- Atlantic Salmon (FAO fish species code)
- Saab Aircraft Leasing (various locations)
- Safeguards Analytical Laboratory (IAEA)
- Salisbury (Amtrak station code; Salisbury, NC)
- San Salvador, El Salvador - El Salvadore International Airport (Airport Code)
- Save A Lot
- Scalable Application Language)
- School for Adult Learning (Indiana)
- Scientific Airlock (US NASA)
- Scientific Applications on Linux (software resource)
- Scottish Aviation Limited
Samples in periodicals archive:
The prime purpose of the study is to analyse the controversial role of the hot, dry, and dusty Saharan Air Layer in tropical storm formation and intensification.
Similarly, the dry and dusty Saharan Air Layer can deprive developing tropical cyclones of the moisture and heat they need to grow.