Saguaro National Park has microchipped many of its saguaros to prevent theft.
What does SAGU stand for?
SAGU stands for Saguaro National Park (US National Park Service)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of SAGU
- Society for the Advancement of Games and Simulations in Education and Training
- Standing Advisory Group on Safeguards Implementation (Australia)
- Standing Advisory Group on Safe Transportation of Radioactive Material
- Saskatchewan Association of Geomatics Technologists (Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada)
- Scottish Association of Geography Teachers (UK)
- Solarized Advanced Gas Turbine
- South Asia Gateway Terminals Pvt. Ltd. (Sri Lanka)
- Symposium on Algorithmic Game Theory
- Soil and Groundwater Technology Association (UK)
- South Australian German Teachers Association
- Southwestern Assemblies of God University (Waxahachie, Texas)
- Schweizerischen Akademie für Geistes- und Sozialwissenschaften (German: Swiss information and data archives service fur the social sciences)
- Shanghai Automobile Gear Works (China)
- State Authority for Geodetic Works (Macedonia)
- Surface-to-Air Guided Weapon (various locations)
- Suzuki Association of the Greater Washington Area (musical instruction)
- S-Adenosylhomocysteine Hydrolase
- Safe At Home
- Salute America's Heroes
- Sample and Hold
Samples in periodicals archive:
AWAY FROM PHOENIX Tucson has the Saguaro National Park, some of the most pristine, beautiful desert anywhere, chock full of its namesake cactus.
EPA's plan provides critical health protections for Arizona's citizens, and moves us towards Congress' goal of providing crisp, clear views for families discovering the Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest and Saguaro National Park," said EDF Attorney _Pamela Campos_ The coal plants covered by EPA's plan -- Cholla, Coronado, and Apache -- have dramatic impacts on visibility, impairing the air quality in these revered national parks.
Coronado National Forest, Chiricahua National Monument and the Rincon district of Saguaro National Park are closed due to the Horseshoe Two fire, according to the Arizona Republic.
That first morning ride took us into breathtaking scenery - weaving between the massive cacti and across dried-up river beds with the dramatic mountains on one side and the Saguaro National Park on the other.
We estimated species richness, distribution, and abundance of herpetofauna in the Rincon Mountain District of Saguaro National Park in 2001 and 2002 to establish a baseline for monitoring changes in these parameters over time.
Two years ago, rangers at Saguaro National Park in Tucson, Arizona, were shocked to find 17 of the park's namesake cactuses missing.
Officials at Saguaro National Park are now planning the microchip project, which must first undergo a lengthy environmental compliance study to ensure the chips don't harm the plants themselves or create air quality, soil or endangered species issues, said Love, the park ranger.