The discovery followed a seven-day survey in 2006 called the Sagittarius Window Eclipsing Extrasolar Planet Search (SWEEPS).
What does SWEEPS stand for?
SWEEPS stands for Sagittarius Window Eclipsing Extrasolar Planet Search
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Swedish Armed Forces International Centre
- South Waikato Economic Development Trust (South Waikato District Council; New Zealand)
- Sustainable World Energy, Engineering, Environment Project
- Safer Waterways through Enforcement and Education Programs
- Software Early Prediction (reliability model)
- Software Engineering Education Project
- Software Error Estimation Program
- Soil and Water Environmental Enhancement Program (Ontario, Canada)
- Southwest Energy Efficiency Project
- Minesweeping Exercise
- Semantic Web for Earth and Environmental Terminology
- South West England Environmental Trust (UK)
- Square-Wave Endurance Exercise Test
- Stop Working on Everything Else Time (time management)
- Students Who Enjoy Economic Thinking (University of Alaska Fairbanks)
- Susceptibility Weighted Echo-Time Encoding Technique
- Sensor Web for Ecological Explorations in Terrestrial Systems
- Space Weather Enterprise Forum (US NOAA)
- Surface Warfare Engineering Facility
- Surface Weapons Engineering Facility
Samples in periodicals archive:
The planet bonanza was uncovered during a Hubble survey called the Sagittarius Window Eclipsing Extrasolar Planet Search (SWEEPS).